When I was 13, insecurity came to me. It was really bad. This was when the start of adolescence stage knocked on my door. Aside from my weight, acne problems started propping out. Of course, to counter off my weight problem, I had to take extreme exercises and got disciplined in improving my look
As for the "acne" part, many teenagers are experiencing the same. You should know that the beauty products over the shelves are not targeted to and used by all. Each skin type is different.
To help clear your skin, the best advice is to visit a dermatologist. If you can't afford to go to one, nevertheless, here are basic tips which might help you:
- Wash your face thoroughly a few times a day. Bacteria seep in through open pores and you don't want to have them stay and spread out.
- Watch your diet and improve on it. Try replacing sweets and junk food with various vegetables and fruits.
- DO NOT pop your zits because once you do, all bacteria are released and can end up in more of the pores of your face, causing larger breakouts. So when you feel the need for pimple popping, you better off washing your face instead.
- Cut back on your cosmetics. When you apply makeup, you are blocking your pores with the product and sealing in any dirt that is in your pores. By just focusing on doing your eyes and lips, you will end up eliminating those cover ups which block the pores in your face.
- DO NOT touch your face with your hands. There is a buildup of germs on your hands, because of everything you touch through the day. At some point during the day, if you're the type that touches your face subconsciously, clean both hands with a sanitizer, alcohol or soap with water just about every hour or so.
- Get enough sleep and attempt to remove the stress in your life. When your body is fatigued or perhaps stressed out, your system is unable to fight off the bacteria effectively and the next thing you know, you'll have more acne.